Property News by Danny Buxton of Triple Zero Property Group – A Hotspotting Partner
Spring has arrived and it is usually a popular time in the real estate calendar. However, there is nothing usual about 2020! Here is the research to back up what I have found is happening in the property market right now:
1. Our Property Managers Rock Property are reporting ZERO days in the rental pool. Other property managers are witnessing the same thing with vacancy rates between 0.5% – 1%. Why? A phenomenon being named: ‘The Exodus to Affordable Lifestyle’. While this is anecdotal evidence, it is supported by the low vacancy rates in key regional areas.
2. Unlike what has been predicted by major metropolitan newspapers, housing markets have remained resilient through the coronavirus period. Research from CoreLogic reveals in July, dwelling values across the combined capital cities only fell 0.8% and values in regional markets stagnated at 0%. While regions such as the Sunshine Coast are a “standout example among many thriving regional markets”, says property expert Terry Ryder from Hotspotting.com.au.
3. Young first home buyers are IN! Michael Matusik’s report indicates that there has been a significant uptake of the HomeBuilder Scheme for the 25 – 34-year-old bracket. The reality? I have been working with these buyers and it isn’t easy to source quality, affordable stock. If you need guidance building your first home or know someone who does, I can’t recommend more urgently using a ‘builder broker’, such as myself to help secure a quality property and save heartache down the track.
4. Navigating these unchartered waters of 2020 has meant many investors have hit the pause button. However, some of our astute clients have witnessed incredible results with immediate uplift. Our latest webinar with Terry Ryder details these recent case studies.
5. Property should always be a long-term proposition and remains a good solid investment for your own home or as part of your wealth creation strategy. The ANZ-Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence sampling suggests that very few think things will remain economically constrained in five years’ time. Now is an excellent opportunity to review your financial goals and put a plan into place to achieve them.
At the moment I am working harder than ever to find my clients bespoke properties that will give them a great return. If you want to discuss your options I am here to meet with you in our Maroochydore office, on Zoom, Google Hangouts or over the phone.
Speak to you soon,
Founder of Triple Zero Property
1300 897 000